Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
1 day or 6 hour course and provides basic life saving first Aid skills. We come to you and offer a bespoke course with scenarios tailored to your company or group. This is ideal for smaller workplaces to train a designated first aid or appointed person. From £40pp – £60pp with both private and open courses for the public.
This is a 3 year qualification with certificate provided on successful completion and a First Aid manual.
On completion of the training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizures).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use an automated external defibrillator.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty suffering from shock.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds).
- Provide appropriate first aid to a casualty with suspected spinal injuries.
Next open courses for the general public:
Monday 28 October in Bude 9am – 4pm £60pp
Thursday 31 October in Barnstaple 9am – 4pm £60pp
Wednesday 6 November in Minehead 9am – 4pm £60pp
Thursday 28 November in Barnstaple 9am – 4pm £60pp